The City of Pratt Sanitation Department is responsible for the collection and disposal of refuse in the city.
The following items are a list of the sanitation department's responsibilities, rules and regulations:
- The City of Pratt must provide for the collection of compost and hazardous waste within the city.
- The city’s sanitation department will be responsible for enforcing and carrying out all regulations and requirements as established by the governing body of the City of Pratt.
- The governing body of the city must also set forth requirements for furnishing of containers by householders and provide for classification/collection of refuse.
- The governing body of the city will make and publish regulations governing the collection and disposal of solid waste.
- Refuse cannot be collected from or transported within the city limits by any person or corporation that isn't authorized by the city to do so.
- Refuse shall be out for pick up by 6 am on the designated pick up day. If trash is missed due to it not being out, the customer can request a special pick up and will be accessed a $31.83 fee on their utility bill.
- Rules and Regulations
- Compost Regulations
Rates for 2021 - Trash & Landfill
|Residential Units||Cost||Landfill Rate||Trash Rate|
|1 through 5||$17.48||$6.11||$11.37|
|6 through 10||$17.19||$6.11||$11.08|
|11 through 20||$16.88||$6.11||$10.77|
|21 through 30||$16.59||$6.11||$10.48|
|31 through 40||$15.97||$6.11||$9.86|
|41 through 50||$15.66||$6.11||$9.55|
|51 and Up||$15.36||$6.11||$9.25|
Cost of Commercial Garbage Containers
Additional Garbage Information
|Type of Service||Fee|
|Compost Carts per Month||$8.53|
|Minimum Charge for Dumping a Private Container||$42.45|
|Minimum Charge for First Half Hour for Special Pickup||$31.83|
|Outside City Limits||$28.98 per Month|
|Special Containers (each dumping)||$42.45|