The City of Pratt Sanitation Department is responsible for the collection and disposal of refuse in the city.
The following items are a list of the sanitation department's responsibilities, rules and regulations:
- The City of Pratt must provide for the collection of compost and hazardous waste within the city.
- The city’s sanitation department will be responsible for enforcing and carrying out all regulations and requirements as established by the governing body of the City of Pratt.
- The governing body of the city must also set forth requirements for furnishing of containers by householders and provide for classification/collection of refuse.
- The governing body of the city will make and publish regulations governing the collection and disposal of solid waste.
- Refuse cannot be collected from or transported within the city limits by any person or corporation that isn't authorized by the city to do so.
- Refuse shall be out for pick up by 6 am on the designated pick up day. If trash is missed due to it not being out, the customer can request a special pick up and will be accessed a $30.60 fee on their utility bill.
- Rules and Regulations
- Compost Regulations
Rates for 2019 - Trash & Landfill
|Residential Units||Cost||Landfill Rate||Trash Rate|
|1 through 5||$16.92||$5.99||$10.93|
|6 through 10||$16.64||$5.99||$10.65|
|11 through 20||$16.34||$5.99||$10.35|
|21 through 30||$16.06||$5.99||$10.07|
|31 through 40||$15.47||$5.99||$9.48|
|41 through 50||$15.17||$5.99||$9.18|
|51 and Up||$14.88||$5.99||$8.89|
Cost of Commercial Garbage Containers
Additional Garbage Information
|Type of Service||Fee|
|Compost Carts per Month||$8.20|
|Minimum Charge for Dumping a Private Container||$40.80|
|Minimum Charge for First Half Hour for Special Pickup||$30.60|
|Outside City Limits||$27.85 per Month|
|Special Containers (each dumping)||$40.80|